Friday, December 08, 2006

deck the halls

Not too long ago December was all about Christmas parties. Office parties, the staff party at our local pub, get togethers with friends...but this year there is only one party on my calendar. The most important party. Gracie's turning one and we're going all out.

I've created the most adorable invitations, ordered a fabulous cake, planned the menu and the loot bags, I'm even making "g"gingerbread cookies. I've been in serious prep mode for the last week and next week will be jammed packed getting all the little details ready for the big day. I love this stuff. It also keeps my mind off the fact that my mat leave is quickly coming to an end and the fact that my baby is well not quite a baby anymore.

Now I know what you are thinking...she's only one. She won't remember a thing. There will be plenty of time for parties when she's older. I realize all this. But we like to entertain, and this party is for us, all of us. Celebrating becoming a family and how much our lives have changed over the past year.

And on that note it's back to party planning....

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds wonderful. Enjoy celebrating Gracie's first birthday and your family anniversary. Happy party planning!

petite gourmand said...

sounds like fun.
We went all out too, and why not?
First birthdays only happen once.
and the "G" cookies...too adorable.
good luck with everything.

Tracy said...

with kids i find that their birthdays are now much more momentous milestones in my life that my own birthday. enjoy! it is a special special day for all!

petite gourmand said...

I'm guessing that you are too busy with being back at work to blog, but I hope all is going well and everyone is adjusting nicely..