Friday, July 20, 2007

better be home soon

Free time, spare time, alone time whatever you want to call it pretty much sucks for me right now. Being 30 weeks pregnant, huge and uncomfortable doesn't leave you with a lot of options on how to spend a free weekend. That and the fact that I'm moving in four days, so I'm up to my eyeballs in boxes...ahhhhh!

My husband and my daughter left this afternoon for a trip up north and I am heartbroken. Okay maybe lonely and miserable are better descriptions of how I'm feeling. To top it off Gracie is spending the week with her grandparents, which I am completely regretting now. I know in my head it is the right decision. Our nanny is on vacation and I can't care for her properly on my own seeing that I can't lift her or chase after her, so I do need the help. Sorry I'm babbling. It's just that this is the first time I've been away from her. Okay truth be told it's the second time, but the first time was for a night and my husband was with her. This is different. She's older and understands being away from her home and my inlaws well they aren't, how can I say this gently, well they aren't my parents. I know they will take good care of her, but they ....okay I'm going to stop and just try to be positive.

When was the first time you were away from your child? And how did you survive?

3 comments:

moplans said...

For so long I just could never trust anyone else to care for my baby but it was exhausting. I finally left her at daycare when she was ten months. I will never forget the trauma of leaving her.
All that gets me through is knowing it bothers me a lot more than it bothers her. Every time I pick her up she never wants to leave.
Try to get some rest while you have the chance.

Gabriella said...

I left my daughter with my mom last year around this time for 4 days when I went to NY for a wedding. I was a nervous wreck but she had such an enjoyable time. Now in one month I'm going back to work and she'll be in daycare and with my in laws. I'm worse off this time, mentally, than I was before. Especially since she's never stayed too long with my inlaws, and like you said they're not aren't my parents. But children are so adaptable most times and we're the ones who always worry.

petite gourmand said...

I think it was for a couple of days when Lulu was around 14 months old with my parents.
now they take her for "sleep-overs" every few weeks.
She loves it.
They totally love it.
I guess I enjoy the "me & big daddy time" but I still get worked up and miss her every-time she is gone.

I hope the move goes smoothly, and that Gracie has a fun week with her grandparents.