Wednesday, October 11, 2006

thanks for the laughs

What a weekend. I haven't packed that much into three days in a long time. Here are some of the highlights....

1. nephew crawling around shirtless wearing my daughter's furry, lamb hat (she wouldn't wear it, he wouldn't take it off)
2. converting front room into bedroom then dining room - because we invited two extra guests for dinner
3. watching the Tigers beat the Yankees at home - yippeee!!!!
4. Grandpa and Grandma babysitting the kids Saturday night
5. Mom rolling out pie pastry with a beer bottle because she couldn't find my rollingpin
6. drinks at Czechoski, my husband and my sister doing Jagger impersonations...the "mick off" will continue at Christmas

We had a blast. Shopping, cooking, eating, drinking and laughing. All my favourite things with all my favourite people. I have so much to be thankful for.

But now it's over. And it sucks. I get so excited, preparing for the visit, getting everything ready and then it's over in a flash. I think anticipation is the purest form of happiness. (but more on that later)

The last two days I've been really bummed out. I think Gracie is too. No playing with her cousin, no Grandma and Grandpa to cuddle her, no auntie and Uncle to laugh with. Yep this sucks. I've got to get out of this funk. I wanna move home. Boo hoo.

Can't wait for Christmas.

4 comments:

metro mama said...

Glad you had a good time!

moplans said...

I think it is all in the anticipation too. Start planning for christmas.
V jealous you got to Czechoski.

Tracy said...

sounds perfect!

Sandra said...

Sounds amazing!