Saturday, March 17, 2007

almost spring cleaning

I had to change the title of my post because I just looked out my window and saw a winter wonderland. I love snow, but I was starting to let myself dream of snowsuit-free bundle ups and boot-free mornings. Oh well. For all intents and purposes spring will spring in our house this weekend.

Slipcovers are getting washed and ironed,
winter sweaters are getting packed away,
front hall pictures are changing,
drawers are getting organized,
closets are getting de-cluttered and
all will be rewarded with fresh flowers.

It's sad but I need treats to motivate me to clean. I so wish I was a clean freak, but I'm not. I'm more like "oh no someone is coming over", better make the place sparkle. And this little place does need to shine this weekend. You see if I post it I will feel compelled to do it. That and the fact that our real estate agents is coming over to take a peek. Oh and the biggest reason, my mother. She's flying in tomorrow evening and staying to watch Gracie this week.
Yikes, I better get started!

2 comments:

petite gourmand said...

good luck with the cleaning, and enjoy your visit with your mom.

kittenpie said...

Okay, doing all that? Qualifies you as a clean freak by my standards, which have dropped through the floor since Pumpkinpie came along. I can't believe you change pictures with the seasons. Colour me impressed.