Wednesday, September 20, 2006

93

Do you know any 93 year olds? I do and she's incredible.
Yesterday we took a drive to Orillia to visit my husband's grandmother. Yep, so that makes her Gracie's great grandma. There were actually lots of grandparents to go around, because my husband's parents met us there.

Gracie was a hit. She was smiling, giggling and playing peek-a-boo with everyone. Babies just have a way of bringing out the best in people. And there is something extra special about babies and elderly people.

My husband's grandma is something else. She looks great and is going strong. Okay her short term memory is going a little, but hey she's 93! Ask her about the past, and she doesn't miss a beat. I could listen to her stories all day. And she had great advice about babies. She is a mother of four, a grandmother to ten, and a great grandmother to seven. She's had her practice!

I hope my daughter has some of her good genes. Hell, I wish I had some!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

So wonderful. I have no grandparents or great grandparents but I do have a wonderful great aunt and she loves my little guy.