Saturday, September 02, 2006

new season resolutions

Ahhh the start of a new season. Well almost, I'm sure it will be warm for another month, but at least fall is around the corner.

September is like a new year in the middle of the year. A time to set goals, break bad habits and start a new list. So here goes. My September resolutions (the first of many lists on this blog....I'm a chronic list writer)

1. be kinder and more patient with my husband (I put it first b/c it needs the most work and attention!)
2. exercise...no longer use the I just had a baby excuse (it's been almost 9 months and that extra 10 has got to go)
3. call my friends (that is if I still have any - I hate the phone and am the worst for keeping in touch)
4. make the most of the last 4 months of my mat. leave
5. find a nanny or a daycare or quit my job....the dreadful decision must be made
6. make an effort to get to know my neighbours (we've lived here just over a year)
7. follow through with my party ideas to fufil #6 (missed opportunity for it's summer come over for a margarita or we've got grass come see our new backyard - maybe I can entice them with the cozy sweater martini recipe I recently found)
8. call my inlaws, no really this is a must
9. finalize invitation designs for new website
10. not stress over them or worry about what they'll think...(dad, I'm still not quite sure who they are, but I'm trying to ignore them!)

A separate little mama list for good measure.

forgive myself for....
only breastfeeding for 4 months
indulging in daily doses of the y & r
not getting every thank you card out on time
not loving my mother's group
being materialistic (I admit I love seeing gracie in cute designer duds and pushing her in her fancy stroller)

I hope in four short months from now I'm reading this and feel satisfied about my accomplishments. I doubt it. But a girl can dream can't she?

Knowing me I'll be busy writing up a new list.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

From one chronic list maker to another, I applaud your new season resolutions ... what a good idea.

I need to be kinder to my husband, exercise, call my friends (I HATE the phone too) and forgive myself for a whole load of stuff too.

I hope the next four months bring you many answers and resolution completions.

petite gourmand said...

your list(s) sound VERY similar to mine.
I'm a total list-o-holic.
I seriously can't leave the house without a post-it stuck somewhere in the diaper bag, in my pocket or even on the steering wheel..
I'm nuts.
and yeah, I so wasn't into my "mommy group"
another great reason to blog!
and F.Y.I. I B. feed for just 4 months and I have totally "forgiven" myself. (I did feel guilty for a while though)
I'm just surprised I hung in there that long.
Good luck with your new resolutions!

Bea said...

I love this list! I'm a big fan of forgiving yourself.