Tuesday, September 26, 2006

target practice

Yesterday Gracie and I went on a road trip. We brought our friend M to Target. She'd never been and really wanted to see what all the fuss was about. She even took a day off work.

I was game, so off we went. I love introducing people to new shopping experiences...even if it's just target. I'm a cross-boarder shopper from way back. When my husband was in biz school, I used to take the biz wives (lame, I know) on shopping trips to Michigan. Somerset Collection anyone? Ohhh, that's a whole other post.

Anyway, back to our target adventure. I'm not a huge, huge fan, but I like their housewares and stationery department. She was on a mission for sheets. Unfortunately target was not at it's peak. It was a drag, but that's how it goes. You know how sometimes you hit it and it's a cheap, shopping mecca? Oh well.

We didn't come away empty handed. I got some Amy Coe crib sheets and a halloween costume for Gracie and M went to town in the halloween boolevard section.

It was fun to get away and have some adult conversation too. The trip just flew by. It was a great girls day. We already have plans to do it again soon.

5 comments:

petite gourmand said...

was the Halloween section decent?
I might be down that way on Sunday, do you think it's worth popping over the border?

moplans said...

Fun. I am soooo jealous. Never been to Tar-jay? You had to take her as a public service.
I could not believe the Somerset Collection the first time I saw it. I was living in Windsor for work and had been to the Windsor mall looking for the Gap. No Gap in Windsor. I guess you can imagine how excited I was to discover the state side shopping.

myredwagon said...

petite gourmand, here's my run down on target.....
aisles of candy treats ($15.00 for two bags of regular size chocolate bars), pumpkin lights, goulish creatures for the lawn, costumes ($14.99)....

Tracy said...

ahhh love target! can't help it. so, when were you at butler's? do atique and maha no longer own it? email me anytime...

Sandra said...

That does sound like fun. I have never been to Target either ... maybe I need to plan a road trip like that soon too :)