Monday, September 18, 2006

little miss sick

Gracie is sick and it sucks. The poor little thing just looks at me with her big, blue (well now watery and kinda red) eyes as if to say "do something, fix it."

It breaks my heart. I know it's just a little cold but I hate to see her suffer. Normally she's a pretty happy baby and into everything, but today she's lethargic and a bit whiny. I don't blame her, I can be a bear when I'm sick.

One good thing is she wants to cuddle. Little miss independent has turned into a cozy, little, cuddler and I love it. Last night I rocked her as I fed her a bottle and it was so nice. Usually she squirms and wants her space, so this is new.

I think I hear her now. It's cuddle time and I love it.

4 comments:

petite gourmand said...

awe...poor little thing.
Lulu has had about a half a dozen little mini colds so far and each time it just breaks my heart.
I do love the extra cuddle time though.
just not necessarily at 2 a.m, 3a.m, 4 a.m.......
hope she is feeling better soon.

Sandra said...

Poor sweetie.

I know this is awful to say but I used to love it whey my son would be sick and cuddly - especially now that he is 5 and always on the move.

But I hope she feels better soon!

metro mama said...

The cuddles are the one nice thing about a sick baby. Hope she's bettter soon though.

Girlplustwo said...

i swear it's the one benefit to them being sick...free cuddling. nothing like it.